1. To edit Baby Step 1, start on the main Budget page.
2. Click the Emergency Fund budget item.
3. Click Fund Details on the detail card to the right.
4. This will disclose a place to enter your starting balance. Remember, Baby Step 1 is a $1,000 starter emergency fund.
5. Click Save.
6. As soon as you click Save, your Baby Step 1 info will be updated on the budget item and Baby Steps page.
Once you’ve set up your emergency fund with a starting balance, simply go to Planned This Month (under Fund Details) and enter how much of this month's income you want to put into the fund. EveryDollar does the rest! The amount you plan to put in your fund this month will be added to your balance and carried forward month to month until you need it.